6/3/10

Whole Lotta Art


I've spent the last few afternoons at our local visual arts center helping to get the galleries ready for our June shows and I'll be there tomorrow afternoon too and then at the opening receptions in the evening....
I know most of you aren't in the area, but for anyone who is, or who will be sometime in the next two months (the glass show is a two-month exhibit), we've got a great glass show going in our larger gallery...
Here's a link to the show of 6 artists if you're interested...the torso on the right is by Dutch Schultz and you can see it and more on his website here.

I'll also be at the opening reception for the Itty Bitty show, which is luckily just a couple of blocks from the arts center, so I can even walk from one to the other...it's going to be a fun evening and I even had my hair trimmed (not cut, since I'm actually growing it longer again) and will be wearing my own jewelry and even talking about it, which is really difficult for me but it's the price you pay for putting your work out into the world, lol!
Next week I'll be back to posting photos of my works in progress, along with the occasional home or area photo. It's supposed to keep raining, so maybe I'll take a couple of photos of the zillion shades of green around here...fair trade-off for the weather.

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool that you have great museums in your area. We don't have much of that around here. We do have a great art show coming up. A day in the park with artisans showing/selling their work. Not the same thing, but interesting.

Well, its been rainy here too. But that's ok.

Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Deborah said...

Sounds wonderful even with the rain!

beadbabe49 said...

Any art venue is good, carol...at least to my way of thinking...
!
and of course...since I mentioned rain, it was lovely and sunny today and we had a great turnout at all the receptions, including an artist who had just given birth on tuesday and brought her tiny baby with her! Great start to life!

KV said...

Hmmm -- rain. We sure haven't had any of that down here. Can't wait to see those zillion shades of green . . . .


Kathy V in NM