6/30/10

Butterfly Girl



I've finished all the beading on my butterfly girl...now just have to figure out what to use for her necklace...I have 3 tiny links on either side but the holes are fairly small so I'm not sure what will fit through them.
My sumi cat has an abcess, so we're trying to give her antibiotics in her food...she fell for it last night but this morning won't touch it at all (and it's canned food, which she usually loves). Anyone have any great ideas of how to fool a cat into eating this stuff? (you can see that determined look on her face a lot...as independent as cats are in general, I think sumi is probably the most independent of all our cats....some might even call it stubborn, lol!)

8 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

First, the beading is AMAZING!!!!
Second, my cousin has very stubborn cats. Try a can of mackrel or tuna, grab their jaw from behind (it doesn't hurt them, and pop it in, then hold shut. Then snuggle the cat and praise it about how good it is. My cousin is an OR nurse, so she is pretty well versed on giving all sorts of meds, to felines and humans!

XXOO!!
Anne

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love Ms. Butterfly. I am unusually attracted to her green self! Very strange for me.

I used to have a cat that loved peanut butter. Does yours have any people food it especially likes?

beadbabe49 said...

thanks for the kind comments and suggestions!
will give them a try...:)

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

She is beautiful!!!!

Purple Girl said...

if a pill, GOOD LUCK. They are amazing at out-waiting you and then spitting it out.

We go to the people pharmacy and get kitty meds in liquid - but Chicken flavored. it goes down better and also hides in their food better. just a thought.

btw - your beading is simply amazing.

robin michelle said...

Very pretty! I love the different greens in this and the face is gorgeous.

I hope your cat gets better soon. Good luck with giving her meds, I have no hints - in my experience the cat usually wins!

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi you!

Sitting in the shade and finally here to visit. I'm working on an *overdue* email too!

I'll try to be good and not leave comments on all, but sometimes I just can't help it. ;-)

Absolutely *LOVE* the new header photo........YUMMY!!!! XOX

Pursuing Art... said...

oh,..."hello LISA!"...lol.....good grief.......how can I be THAT forgetful?!!

Butterfly girl turned out just beautiful! And, I hope that Sumi is feeling better by now!! It isn't easy sneaking pills in their food or trying to get them to take their RX. My girls used to take their medicine in a piece of cheese...