1/11/08

Hiraizumi or Basho Number 23


After a fairly short block, I was able to get a new piece started in the Basho series, and since this is number 23, I'm officially past the half way mark to 44...whew! I was beginning to think this series wasn't going to be done by my show in August, but now I've got hope I might do it after all!
I knew january was going to be the toughest month as this is always my worst for depression, but this year isn't as bad as last year, so I'm encouraged. And next month I have several things to look forward to, so maybe I can get through this winter without too much of a slow down...I hope.
Next up will be my bjp piece which I've not put a single stitch toward. I do have the fabric picked out but have been stumped on the face...maybe I need to make some more from my molds or maybe just make another original....we'll see.

6 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

i know whatchu mean. I usually get depressed around the holidays. Now, I'm better, and ready for all that the New Year brings! You just gotta keep on beading! :D

KV said...

Have good cheer, Bobbi! If I could pack up some of this NM sunshine and send it to you, I would -- however, that said, it is FREEZING cold tonight!

I love this Basho series . . .

Kathy V in NM

beadbabe49 said...

you're so right, LB....I'm trying!

I'd take it too, kathy! too bad we can't do that yet!

Anonymous said...

It's good that we can bead and chat to get us through the dread of winter.

I've been beading when my health has let me.

artandtea said...

Hi Bobbi,
I know what you mean. Here in MA, January can be so dark and dreary and depressing. Good thing we have our beads to bring color into our lives!
A colleague/friend just got me into haiku after we attended a Japanese tea ceremony together. So, for Xmas, I gave her a book on Basho's life and poetry. I've been following your beautiful Basho pieces but am now looking at them with new more knowledgeable eyes! I love your fabric and the MOP piece.
-Karen

beadbabe49 said...

yes, dayby, blogging has certainly made a difference in my days!

hey, karen...glad to hear you've been reading a bit of basho...the more I read of him, the deeper I go.