1/6/08

Done Except for Binding or Edging





Well, it came together pretty quickly once I figured out what I wanted to do...I "framed" the window with tiny abalone beads in several shapes, round, square, oblong, and then added a small net pocket in the center with tiny pearl glass beads....after that I made a tiny accordian book of O'Keeffe prints with the photo of her at the back and slipped it into the pocket...and finally added an unusual MOP button to hold the book shut while it's in the pocket.
Now to figure out how to finish it and it's done!

8 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Nice! I really like the abalone, too! :D

KV said...

This is really cool, Bobbi!

Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Wow! That was really fast and it turned out really great. I need to rethink how I do things I think.

Lisa Walton said...

You are putting the rest of us to shame. I have the idea and that is it. Now I have to put thoughts into action. Well done.

beadbabe49 said...

thanks, lb...abalone is definitely one of my favorites!

thanks, kathy!

I think you're doing great, freebird!

thanks, jackie!

thanks lisa...I was surprised myself at how quickly this came together once I had the idea down...but then I don't have any of the wonderful embroidery stitches or fancy needlework that so many of the other participants are so wonderful at...I suspect mine will look a bit bare in a week or two!

Magpie Sue said...

Dang, girl! You're going to make the rest of us look bad! Your piece looks great though. I, too, love abalone. The netting idea is brilliant. I've been thinking about doing something similar on my Dec. BJP quilt...

beadbabe49 said...

thank you sue...I couldn't make you look bad, nor would I want to, of course, but I love the compliment!

I got a roll of that netting at a rummage sale last year and have been wanting to use it ever since....now that I finally did, maybe I can incorporate it into a few more pieces...I sure have enough of it!

Gwen said...

This is brilliant, and I love your other work, the beaded hand with the face, especially!

I am a great admirer of Georgia O'Keefe, too. I really like the approach you took, with fabric and paper!1