1/16/08

Baby It's Cold Outside



But I'm not going to tell you how cold, because everyone except the californians and other southerners would just laugh at me....but it's cold for HERE!
Anyway, now that you've got the weather report, I'm sure you'll be fascinated to know I'm going to be organizing my fabric stash today...now, my beads are organized already (to the point of obsession/compulsion some might say...) but it's only lately I've realized I finally have enough fat quarters to actually organize them...not being a quilter, but only a beader who embroiders on fabric, it's taken me a few years to actually have enough of them to even call them a "stash"...but I'm at that point that all of you will recognize, when I find myself going to the quilt store and buying a fat quarter and coming home to find I already have one exactly like it...soooooo, I need to organize and find some way of storing the little folded bits so I will know what I have!

Photos at 5....well, most of my fat quarters and half and whole yard cotton batiks fit into just 2 drawers...and they're on edge and color coordinated so I can see what I have at a glance...

12 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I'm workin on organizing my seed beads... And, it's gonna be 14 degrees here over the weekend. :0

beadbabe49 said...

oooooo....I don't think I've ever been in weather that cold! Do you have to wear face masks to keep your cheeks from freezing? Or is that only after you get into the minus degrees, I wonder?
Any photos of the outcome of your seed bead organization?

KV said...

Several years ago, my wonderful husband made me some old-fashioned wooden needlework stands which have a compartment on both sides to hold all those fat quarters. Mine are overflowing, too.

Face masks? Naw -- I grew up on Lake Erie where wind chill stays pretty much on the bitter minus side all winter long. Never wore a face mask.

Kathy V in NM

beadbabe49 said...

I know beaders have many different ways of organizing their stashes, but most of the fabric/quilters seem to stack them in see through baskets or in stacks on shelves...does your needlework stand let you see what you have at a glance, kathy?

no face mask, eh?

Denise said...

Love your neat stash!!! Looks like fun to play and so neat. I've got a material stash for beaders too - wanna come to Ever so Cold Ottawa to organize it? While you are here, we can play with beads! Or organize them!
Cheers, Denise

beadbabe49 said...

I'm afraid I'm a fair weather friend, denise...weather has to be fair or I don't make it...lol!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

You wouldn't want to be here today, then, Bobbi.
It is snowing and the temperature is beginning to drop dramatically -- with sub zero on it's way. Brrrrr!!

girlgonethreadwild said...

LOL I hear you, to me it's FREEZING here at 20', 30', 40'+ weather, no snow to speak of BUT brrrr! I miss the SUN! Thank you for going pink! I'm honored to be working with you on such a great cause. xo, Monica

beadbabe49 said...

brrrr, indeed, jackie!

my pleasure, monica...and I've added the pink artist link in my post...

KV said...

Thanks for your comments on my Galilea, Bobbi -- they meant a lot to me. To answer your question, yes -- I can see every fat quarter at a glance, um, when it isn't overflowing . . .

Kathy V in NM

Anonymous said...

with all the option of fabric I can see how easy it is to collect.

I have organized and reorganized my beads too many times to mention.

Robin said...

Ooooooooooooh! Luscious!!! Me too about fabrics and fat quarters and finally reaching the "stash point" and getting them organized. Oh for fun!!!

Yes, and I relate to "Baby it's cold outside..." too. I'm ready for temps in the 40s.