1/7/08

Beaded Hand Portrait Shot Down


I'm a little bit sad today....the class I submitted for the Puget Sound Bead Festival was turned down. I have such a good time making these little hand portraits and they are certainly noticed when I wear them so I thought other beaders might enjoy making them too.

But, rejection is a major part of any art process, so I'll just get busy on another piece and by tomorrow I'll be back up again.

(I will be very interested in seeing the classes that were accepted for the festival, though!)

6 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I am surprised! That would be fun to make!

KV said...

Well, darn -- there simply is no accounting for some folks' taste, is there? This is a beautiful project and I bet you find another venue to offer it through.

Keep your chin up, Miss Bobbi! And I understand full well wanting to know what got accepted . . .

Kathy V in NM

beadbabe49 said...

thanks, lb...I thought so too...

and kathy...always with the nicest comments and empathy! thank you...

Magpie Sue said...

If I'd were able to attend the Festival I surely would have wanted to sign up for your class. That's more my kind of project than stringing anything. Oh well!

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

They just don't relize what a great project they are missing out on . If I was lucky enough to be able to attend I sure would have taken this class.

beadbabe49 said...

thanks sue and amy...we may be in the minority, but I think seed bead and embroidery work is the most fun!