12/13/08

What If?


I've followed jude hill's blog for quite some time now and she's been a major inspiration in my quest to lessen the beads and crank up the fiber/threads in my work...along with her first blog, Spirit Cloth, she's also got a blog called, What If, where she (and others) ask just that question and then answer it with fabric and thread...
I don't know if her flickr group is still open, but I didn't think she'd mind too much if I play along in my blog.
Since starting is always the most difficult part for me, I thought I'd make it simple and just ask myself, "what if I put these fabrics together in a simple collage? This is play, pure and simple and I hope I can keep that attitude!

5 comments:

paulahewitt said...

great idea. I am planning to do a lot of what iffing next year.
you, btw, have inspired me to try my hand at more bead work - which i hope to do next year too

beadbabe49 said...

cross pollination, paula! and I'm planning on using some of the beautiful fabric you sent me in the what ifs....

T and S said...

WOW...your blog beautifully showcases your work and not to mention your work is truly a piece of art.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...Thomas

Pursuing Art... said...

Don't you love Jude's blogs!!! I've been 'what-if-ing' myself for quite awhile as I stitch. Her thoughts and work are fabulous. Glad to see you play...will be fun to follow! ~me

jude said...

hey sorry so late in getting here....i am so glad you are playing in our sandbox. i think we are all on a holiday break and we'll be back in the game soon! loving what i see so far!