12/30/08

Travels





Chuck and I drove up to Astoria yesterday to check out a cooler for our local food co-op...I went along to drive and take photos and managed to stop at a few viewpoints on the way home to catch some of the wonderful skies....we had every kind of weather except (thank goodness!) snow....sun, rain, hail and most of it just coming in waves, so we'd have hail and 2 minutes and a mile or two down the road it would stop and a bit further along we'd have sun! The kind of weather we're used to having on the coast in the winter, thankfully!
Also got a shot or two of the container ships waiting in the columbia to go upriver to portland or go back out to sea across the bar, or maybe all of the above...
Also got a photo of my patch of stitching from outside, but it still doesn't show the irridescence of the sheer fabric that's on top of the dark fibers....maybe I'll try another shot taken at an angle...and I found some interesting trim that I may use for the strap, but I'll have to do some stitching on it first...and a possible button as a closure...if I make one.
It's sure fun making a purse improvisationally!

boy, blogger sure arranges photos in a weird way...I'd call it ugly, but I'm too lazy to go back and see if I can fix if...

9 comments:

Purple Girl said...

Bead Babe - I LOVE the new photo!! best part is that we can read the text, too. that one gets my vote!!
kate

abeadlady said...

Great pics, Bobbi. You are right, blogger can be frustrating at times, but it's kind of fun trying to figure it out. I like the new wider format. I may have to play with that.
Arline

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Bobbi...great pictures! Love the shot of the dark cloud and blue sky over the ocean...yum! I always get a kick out of seeing the ships in Astoria too. I think the second picture shows the iridescence of the organza? really well.

Wishing you a Happy New Year full of joy, peace, and creativity...~Lisa ;-)

P.S. Oops...your blog changes look good and I'm looking forward to seeing your new purse...fun! Getting that machine humming eh? That is one thing on my list for the new year!

Magpie Sue said...

A shot of the water is always my choice of header picture no matter what the content of the blog may be! If I had more energy I might go play around with my own blog...

Going to check out Creative Every Day... Happy New Year!

KV said...

Happy New Year, Bobbi!


Kathy V in NM

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and your work. Nice photos and great art. Can't wait to see the finished purse.
Would love to hear what you think of my work!
The Gypsy
www.fadwas-inpirational.blogspot.com
www.fadwa.com
www.gypsyexpress.com

janet copenhaver said...

Bobbi,

What a great looking blog! Love the way you've spaced things out. Easier for us old folks to read.

That photo in header is definitely a place I'd like to see in person.

beadbabe49 said...

I like it too, kate...will probably keep it for a while anyway...

hi arline, yeah, it can be frustrating, but I do like how easy it's become to change the elements of the site...and fun!

same to you, lisa...email sent..

let me know how you like it, sue?

thanks, kathy, same to you!

I'll check it out today, gypsy..

I'd love to see you in person, janey! Come and we'll take a photo trip up and down the coast...what fun!

Ellen said...

Hey Bobbi, Happy New Year to you mty friend.. Great pictures from your drive north - next time you are heading up this way give me a shout & I will try to meet up with you in Astoria, we could have tea at the Gypsy's Whim ;)