8/5/08

Playing with stamps


A very sweet friend sent me some fabulous old hamilton wood type and some copper etched stamps, mostly advertising and dingbats, and I finally got to play with them a bit. I tried regular rubber stamp ink on paper and fabric this morning just to see if the metal faces would take the ink...no problem, it worked fine! So now I'll be using some of them in my future work, although I'm not sure just how yet...it will develop as I go along, I'm sure.
I just love the little cat...she's black and white or red and white...reminds me of my Sumi...

9 comments:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

What neat little stamps. Have fun :-)
Do you use a special ink when you stamp on fabric?

KV said...

Such fun! These are wonderful old illustrations. Can't wait to see how you incorporate them into your work . . .


Kathy V in NM

Pursuing Art... said...

How cool is that! Those images look very clear and detailed on the paper and on the fabric too! I know that however you use them in your art, it will be wonderful!

The cat does look like your Sumi!

~Lisa ;-)

Magpie Sue said...

You've got some great images in those stamps :- ) You're going to have fun playing with those!

artandtea said...

Those are very cool stamps, Bobbi. The images are very clear. I like the teacup the best. :-)

Mary Timme said...

I love the little cat too! How sweet is that and the stamps are very clear.

Read the post about the weekend, and big congrats! I'm glad it all went well.

Timaree said...

New toys are so much fun! These look like they could fit just about anywhere.

beadbabe49 said...

thanks! I'm looking forward to having more time to play with them...right now we've got out of town friends visiting and the weekend is full too, so now I'm looking at next week...so much fun but so little time!

beadbabe49 said...

oh, jackie...forgot to say I used regular stamp ink and it worked very well on the fabric...didn't make it stiff or anything.