10/1/10

October





New month, new banner, more photos of the framed hand pins and later today photos of the fabrics for the fall wall piece (Herbst) and the october bjp...luckily I'm free today, although I'm on jury duty this month. This is the first time I've been called, so I'm a bit excited.

There's a discussion going on at the Bead Journal Project about continuing for a 4th year. Robin Atkins, who began the project in 2007 wants to step down her involvement and we're looking for volunteers for a committee to carry on the BJP for another year. If you're interested in joining, I'll be posting here if we continue....and if you're already a member and are interested in helping out to make this happen for 2011, please comment on one of the BJP blogs!

8 comments:

Tracey Leeder said...

I am willing to help and posted that on the BJP blog.

beadbabe49 said...

that's great, tracey!

lilylovekin said...

Love the photograph on your banner, it makes me want to step right into it. Good luck with jury duty, I've served before and always found it very interesting.

Roberta Warshaw said...

How funny! I am on jury duty this week as well....

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Love all your gorgeous framed pieces -- great eye candy. Good luck with BJP --

beadbabe49 said...

thanks, lorrie.

what a coincidence! must be the month for roberta's to serve, lol!

thanks, jackie.

Pursuing Art... said...

Sorry, sorry, sorry...can't help myself and I was planning to mention it in an email. ;-)

I did read that Robin was ready to step back this next year and I just had to say that I can't think of a better and kinder person to fill her spot, my friend, than YOU!!! Have been wondering if you would consider doing it? It has your name written all over it, ya know! XOX

beadbabe49 said...

No problem, lisa! And there are 7 or 8 of us all doing bits of it for next year...I know robin had help last year, but don't know how much help she had that first year!
And thank you so much for the compliment!
(I owe you an email, but...you know the rest, lol! Just know I think of you both often!)