8/27/10

Possibilities


I'm finding that with the larger pieces (these are 4x12 inches) I do more planning/designing than I do with the more intuitive smaller pieces, where I usually start with a larger focal piece (that usually sets the direction of the piece) and work improvisationally from it. With the larger pieces, I'm finding it more difficult to keep it from just looking like I dumped a bunch of beads and fibers onto the fabric and nailed them down. I want the top to contribute as much to the overall idea as the bottom and both of them have to work with the middle. More of a challenge...more fun too when I can pull it off to my satisfaction!
So here the bottom hand and fish are set, along with the flower girl in the middle. Now I'm deciding if the hand, bird and sun (or moon maybe) are what I want for the top of this piece. And if I do, then what do I add to connect them all in a way that's natural and organic and not cobbled together looking...

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You're so funny! Your beading and designs are fab!! I am sure that you will, again, come up with the perfect solution.

Have a great weekend!!

abeadlady said...

I have to agree with Carol. Your design sense is impeccable.

Penny said...

I love the use of the hands on this piece - especially one at the top and one at the bottom. Already it speaks to me of the sea below and the sky above.

lilylovekin said...

It is fun to watch the progress, happy beading.

Bobbi Ann said...

OMGoodnessss this is gorgeous already Bobbi! I love all your pieces and this one is turning out beautiful! Have a wonderful day.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Marty S said...

Your work is always so wonderful. I enjoyed reading about your planning. It gives me a little insight into an artist's mind.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader