2/8/09

January BJP


I am much relieved to have finally finished the january bjp....for a while it was looking to me like I just wouldn't be able to finish it...whatever idea I'd had in beginning just faded away. I decided I wanted it to be about our trip north and the inauguration and the fabric reminded me strongly of the feeling of hills beyond hills I got from my first trip to bellingham...the words are...dream-hope-sacrifice-joy and they're all beaded. I think this president had given me back a dream I had of this country when I was very young and the hope that it might still get to be that country but not without some sacrifice before we come to joy. Right now it just seems to be the people who are being sacrificed but I'd like to see some of the leaders of our country...maybe the CEO's and other financial leaders as well, also do some sacrificing. Maybe if they sacrificed their millions of dollar bonuses they could keep from laying off so many of the people who worked in their companies and made the millions that paid their bonuses?
So this month's title is...The Long and Winding Road (that leads to your heart)...

We haven't made it to joy just yet...

9 comments:

KV said...

So very lovely, Bobbi . . .


Kathy V in NM

pam T said...

This is a very cool page! It seems to have a sense of "waiting" and anticipation to it. I like it!

Timaree said...

I like it a lot. The blue road helps to suggest that joy you are hoping for.

Frankly, I was wondering what the results would be if all Congressional members and Corp. Execs were audited. Would Daschle and some others look clean in comparison? Wouldn't that make for some real transparency in government. If a large proportion of congress had tax problems they would have to make taxes easier to do for the rest of us.

Yes, I have hope but I already have some joy in knowing Obama truly does want change. It helps when the guy at the top really wants it.

Pursuing Art... said...

I really like this page Bobbi. It looks and feels like hills and deep valleys. The title is so apropos and it does feel (in my heart) like it will be a long and winding road until the 'JOY' is in the forefront (like the layers on your page). It is lovely and it conveys life today so accurately. ~Lisa ;-)

~You know where I'm headed from here...

heidibeads said...

This page says a lot and I agree with you whole heartedly about our country. It's gonna take a lot but I think we are gonna make it!

Anonymous said...

I had a comment all written and it was swallow by Cyberspace!

Without dreams, hope and joy there is not much live for and I suspect a lot of people were feeling that way before this President.

Listening to the news on NPR at the moment, I suspect, that Congress and the Banks are not aware that sacrifice is word that even exists as they seem intend on staying on the same course they have been on.

Your page is beautiful, soulful and thought provoking.

Robin said...

Oh Bobbi, I hardly know where to start about this piece and your post... Long Winding Road is right... getting back the dreams we had of this country when we were young... the CEOs... sacrifice... all of our hearts needing to turn away from material and seek the joy and hope born of love and respect. Oh, you have indeed struck a cord in me with this one, Bobbi!

Besides loving the meaning of it AND the design of it, I'm also smitten with it technically. Even in the enlarged version, I can not tell if the cloud-like, hill-like forms are layers or not. Nor can I tell what is printed and what is beading, or how the highlighted edges are made. Will you tell, please? I shall check back hoping for more info!

Thanks for taking on this subject! Robin A.

beadbabe49 said...

Robin, most of this piece is in the wonderful fabric...the only beaded parts are the words and then I took a variegated blue ribbon and stitched it back and forth across the piece...the ribbon stands out from the fabric up to 1/4 inch tall at the top of each "wave". but all the hill forms are part of the background fabric.

Thank you all for your supportive comments...it feels good to know there are so many kindred spirits out there. Bless you all...

Robin said...

Thanks, Bobbi... lovely fabric, almost can't believe it's printed and not beads. Your ribbons set off the words and cloud forms really well. Yay! Robin A.