5/25/09

Of mice and....







I've been working on a couple of small pieces to send to my son and a tiny ultrasuede mouse for myself. I'm also working on a crocheted hair band but it's barely begun so I haven't taken a pic yet.
Yesterday was another sunny day and not quite such a cold wind, thank goodness....that gets old after a while and it is almost june! We drove down the coast a ways to Yachats, a funky little town south of us where they were having an arts and crafts fair inside and their weekly sunday market outside. Friends of ours were selling in both venues so we just went to visit but ended up buying a couple of things...some flowers for chuck and a hammered copper heart and porcelain bowl/crow candle holder combo that I just love...and it's so nice to buy a friend's work to cherish!
The small fiber collage is a "J" for my son and the bracelet is ultrasuede, as is the little yellow mouse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that bowl is beautiful. and your little mouse is so sweet.

Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Your mouse brings a big smile to my face! ...A very celebratory "J"!!! Sounds like you had a fun wandering, shopping day down the coast...I am glad the weather has been nice! We are having rain daily which I love because we do not usually get the delicious cloud cover!

xo Camilla

Pat said...

It looks like you had fun! Days like that are stimulating for creativity, as well as fun.

Vita said...

I love visiting Yachats. Cute mouse. Will Sumi and Oliver play with it?

beadbabe49 said...

thanks, paula!

yes, it had been fun, doing small pieces and enjoying the sunny weather...

well, vita, they will try!

Pursuing Art... said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and I'm hoping the cold wind mellows out for you too! What fun that you both headed to Yachats for the fair. I adore the bowl/crow candle holder you bought and the copper heart is gorgeous too! I just adore your mouse...he makes me smile he's so cute! The pieces for Jaime are awesome...I know he'll cherish them!

Hugs my friend...~me

Timaree said...

Cute mouse. What will you use it for? The pottery is neat. Your son will love what you've made for him. My internet explorer just quit the blogger page. Hmmm, wonder if this will get to you. Oh well...life on the internet!