1/18/10

Onward



A bit further along...I'm taking it slowly, trying to find a set time to bead again. It's too cold to sit out on the porch and the light, even with my little ott light, isn't the best in the living room so I'm ending up beading at my big desk in the studio. I've been having breakfast and then beading while watching an instant play movie on netflix on my computer.
Also thought I'd post a pic of my mom and son from christmas...they adore each other and get along very well, which I'm so grateful for, as I know that's not always the case in families!
There are so many worthy organizations trying to help the quake survivors in haiti, it's hard to know where to start, but I think I'll contribute to the red cross when I get paid for my last class. There is also a wonderful blog (with links to their shop) of haitian artisans started by rebecca sower...they've sold all the work rebecca had brought back from haiti before the earthquake, but when things get up and running again, it will be a good place to visit and buy if you want to help out in the longer run.

8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your hand is looking pretty cool. You should have had someone take a pic of you AND your mom and son for a nice 3 generation shot. I think a lot of us are helping the Hiatians. Its such an unbelievably sad situation.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Lovely photo of your Mom and son -- and I agree with Carol -- too bad you aren't in it too for a 3 generation photo. What a lovely pic it is.
Gorgeous Mom and VERY handsome son.

Deborah said...

I was thinking the same thing. A three generation shot would be nice. Last fall I had one taken of my mother, my daughter and myself but I haven't yet posted it.

abeadlady said...

I love what you are doing with the fan shape on your hands. The picture is great! I have one that is five generations taken when my 20 y/o GS was just a baby. He and I are the only ones still here. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

KV said...

This piece is wonderful, Bobbi!


Kathy V in NM

Penny said...

A magical hand indeed!!! It begs to be touched.

Pursuing Art... said...

Love the picture of your mom and Jaime...it's great! Jaime is handsome as ever and your mom is beautiful and looks so good.

Your hand is coming along and looks just beautiful!

It's just been heartbreaking to see the news on the earthquake!! We are going to contribute to either the Red Cross or Mercy Corp too. I will check out Rebecca's blog, glad you shared. XO

beadbabe49 said...

Thanks for the great comments on the first hand of the year...

I like to take photos but rarely like to be in them...it destroys my mental image of myself as 40, lol!